Sunday, March 10, 2013

Empties (Products I've Used Up) #1

This post is about a bunch of garbage. Literally. I've been hoarding my empty beauty products for the past couple months so that I could talk about them in a blog post. The concept might sound crazy, but I really enjoy reading these types of posts because the consumer has formed a solid opinion about the products after using them all up.


Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser: This lasted FOREVER. It took me over a year to finish this giant bottle. This is a basic cleanser that is very gentle. I would recommend this to those who have sensitive skin, but I don't think I will be repurchasing because I need a cleanser that can help combat my acne. Overall, the product did it's job.

Fresh Sugar Rose SPF15 Lip Treatment: I really enjoyed using this product. It's an amazing lip balm that moisturizes while giving the lips a slight rosy tint. It smells of lemonade, which might bother some people, but I enjoyed it. This was a sample from Sephora that came in a birthday gift. I will not be repurchasing solely because of the hefty price tag. ($22.50) It was good, but not that good!



Covergirl Lash Blast Volume: This was probably my 4th or 5th tube of this mascara. I will continue to repurchase in the future. It has a huge plastic bristled wand that provides a good amount of volume. Whenever I don't know what mascara to use, I always reach for this one. 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fading Night Lotion: This product really stood out to me. I did notice that it faded my acne scars a bit. But it really helped fight any active breakouts that I had. The only negative I have is that you don't get very much product for the price. ($18.50 for 1 oz.) I bought this when some sort of deal was going on, and that's the only time I would repurchase. 

Sephora by OPI Nail Pads: I believe these are discontinued, because they were on clearance when I purchased them. I thought they were soaked in nail polish remover, but they weren't. These were just square pads that you pour the polish remover on. I thought these were alright, but they are no better than just using cotton balls.



C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Balm in Vanilla Mint: First off, I LOVE the scent of this. It gives your lips a tingly sensation, which I'm a fan of. I would put this on before bed and I could still feel it on my lips in the morning. I will definitely be repurchasing this in the future and I highly recommend this product. You can purchase C.O. Bigelow products from Bath and Body Works. 

L'Oreal EverCreme Intenses Nourishing Shampoo: This product also smells amazing, it has a sort of vanilla scent. I bought this because it is sulfate free, but I was worried about how well it would lather. It lathered really well and keep my hair moisturized during these past winter months. I will also be repurchasing this shampoo in the future. (Also, the scent does linger in your hair) 

Vera Wang Lovestruck perfume sample: Normally I wouldn't include a perfume sample, but I just wanted to say that I loved this so much that I've already purchased a roller ball of this scent. I recommend you check it out! It's a beautiful, girly scent. 

Are you a fan of "empties" posts, or do you think they are just plain weird?!

2 comments: