Saturday, February 23, 2013

Nail Art Using Pigments

Recently I've been trying to "shop my stash" of makeup instead of going out and buying every new item that gets good reviews. Today I decided to incorporate my eyeshadow pigments into my manicure!  I never reach for my loose shadows because they are so messy, so this was a great way for me to give them some love.


I used China Glaze Liquid Leather as my base color, NYX eyeshadow in Silver (mine cracked), Victoria Secret's luminous eyeshadow in Too Too Pink and Seche Vite fast dry top coat.



This is mid way, with just the NYX color on. I applied one coat of the base color, then once that dried I applied the second coat one nail at a time, while sprinkling the shadow on each nail. Then to add the pink color, I added a clear coat, one nail at a time again and then topped it off with another clear coat to seal it all in.



Here's the finished manicure! This technique sort of gives the look of paint splatter. I can't wait to try this with different base colors and shadows!

Have you tried any crazy nail art lately? Let me know what you've done!

No comments:

Post a Comment