Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Maybelline Eye Studio 24hr Color Tattoo

Recently my obsession with drugstore makeup has been growing. Drugstore brands have been releasing a bunch of new products for the new year. The 24hr Color Tattoos are nothing new, but Maybelline recently released their new "metal" formula of the famous cream shadows. The metal shades are advertised as having a metallic finish. 


I have two of the original formula and one of the new Metal Color Tattoo. I apply these with either my fingers or a synthetic brush, both ways tend to be effective for me.




I own Barely Branded, Tough as Taupe and Bad to the Bronze. These do not need an eyeshadow primer under them, but I almost always wear one underneath anyway, just because I have oily lids. 



I have only swatched Barely Branded so far, but it certainly has the creamiest consistency of all three. It is a light, shimmery champagne color with a metallic finish. Tough as Taupe is the first and only matte cream shadow that I've owned. Not many brands release matte cream shadows. It's the least creamy of the three, but a wonderful grey slate color that goes great under any matte or taupe shadow. Bad to the Bronze is my most used at the moment. It's a shimmery mid toned bronze/brown that is great by itself or under almost any neutral shade.



The only thing that has stopped me from buying more of these is that they don't have many neutral shades. Neutrals are the only thing I ever wear, so it would be a waste for me to buy the bold colors. If you are more daring than I am, I highly recommend you check out all of the colors. 



These can be found at any drugstore and range anywhere from $5-$8. You can almost always find some sort of deal on them as well.

Have you tried these? What do you think? Any cream shadow recommendations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment