Thursday, January 31, 2013

FOTD: My Recent "go to" Look

I wanted to post a "Face of the Day" for what I've been wearing on a regular basis recently. I think it would be fun to make one of these posts every so often when my daily routine changes. I purposely didn't include any lip products in this post because it changes daily. I'm usually wearing one of the four colors I featured in my Favorite Winter Lip Colors post.


Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette: This palette have 6 shadows, 5 of which are matte. I've been using "Foxy" as my highlight color. It is a matte, yellow toned cream color. I love this entire palette, it's a must have for any makeup junkie. 
MAC Devil May Dare Warm eye palette: This was a limited edition holiday palette from 2009. I've been wearing "Gold Tease" (Frost) all over the lid and "Sorcery"(Satin) in the crease. Gold Tease is a nice neutral shimmery gold, and Sorcery is a beautiful red toned plum shade, almost a maroon that certainly spices up the look.
Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded: I did a blogpost featuring this cream shadow, which you can see here. I love this as a base and it's great under any shadow.



MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Perfect Topping: This was also limited edition, I found mine at a CCO. This is a beautiful highlighter that isn't too overpowering.
Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation in Natural Beige: I featured this in my Top 12 of 2012 post. It's an amazing powder that keeps me oil free longer than most powders.
Rimmel London Powder Blush in Pink Rose: I've had this blush forever, it's a wonderful rosy color that has a fair amount of shimmer. It's not too pigmented that it's hard to work with, but it's also not so sheer that there isn't any pay off.
Studio Basics Makeup Sponge: I picked this up at Ulta, hoping to find a dupe for the Beauty Blender. I love the way this applies my foundation. When used damp, it puts just enough product on the face, and doesn't make the makeup look cakey or fake. 



Too Faced Primed and Poreless Face Primer: This is a wonderful primer that smoothes out my skin before my foundation. I don't think it minimizes my pores, but it does keep my makeup on longer throughout the day. 
MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15: This is a very full coverage foundation. It covers my acne scars really well. It has a scent to it, so beware if your skin is sensitive. This product doesn't break me out and I love the way it makes my skin look.
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20: I don't have under eye circles, just a bit of discoloration and this does the trick. I also apply this to any breakouts that make not have been covered by the foundation.
BareMinerals Warmth: This is another product that I've had forever. It's the only bronzer I own and I think it's great. I don't do any heavy contouring, I just use it for a glow over my foundation so my skin isn't all one color. It's a bit dark, so I use a very light hand with this product.

Do you like these posts? What are some of your everyday products?

No comments:

Post a Comment