Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lush after Christmas purchase

This year I received an item from the Lush holiday line as a gift for Christmas. I never usually get much from Lush for Christmas because they always hold an "after Christmas" sale. It has varied over the years, but this year it was buy one get one free all soaps and holiday items. 


I received the Bubblebeard bubble bar as a gift on Christmas day and I think this is one of the cutest items Lush has ever put out! It's a white mustache with some iridescent glitter on the top. This is one of Lush's "newer" formulations of their bubble bars. I had the Magic Wand one that smelled of Snow Fairy last year and loved it. You can get anywhere from 3-5 uses out of these, where as with their normal formulation that you crumble under running water, I only get 2-4 uses. With these, you just swish it around in your water and it provides tons of bubbles. This one smells very herbal, love it!


The day after Christmas I headed over to my local Lush store and picked up two soaps. They were out of Snow Fairy D: and many of the holiday bath products. I picked up Lust and Rockstar. Both are in the permanent line.


Rockstar is one of their best selling soaps and I have never tried it! I decided now was a good time with the sale going on. It smells just like Snow Fairy, Creamy Candy bubble bar, and God Mother soap. All of which, I love. It has a very sweet, candy, girly scent. It feels very creamy and moisturizing. I look forward to trying this!


The other soap I picked up was Lust. It's a darker shade of pick, with some red hues. It also has some shimmer all throughout it. This smells very heavily of jasmine. If you've tried the Godiva solid shampoo, it smells just like that. I love the scent. This doesn't feel as creamy as Rockstar, but I will see how they compare! 

Did you get a chance to pick anything up at the sale? What's your favorite Lush soap?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE lush!! I'm a full-time student from PA, too.. glad to know I'm not the only one!
    love your post! xo

    ReplyDelete