Monday, December 17, 2012

Hunger Games Holiday Nails

Today's nail post features two polishes from China Glaze's Hunger Games collection, titled Capitol Colours. The collection was released in March 2012. I purchased these mini bottles in a set on clearance  in August and I thought these two colors together would make a great holiday manicure. 


I really love the way this manicure turned out. I think it's great for the holiday season. Normally I'm not one to put glitter on every nail, I usually just put it on my ring finger as an accent. I was in the holiday spirit and decided to put glitter on every nail and I really enjoy the look of it. I'm a little late on the "flakie" polish trend, but I'm loving it!



Agro (District 11-Agriculture)- This is a mossy green color with tons of beautiful gold shimmer. It has almost a metallic finish to it.
Luxe and Lush (District 1-Luxury)- This has clear base with holographic flakes. The flakes are orange, blue, green and gold. I thought it would go well with Agro because of the green and gold colors.

If you find either of these polishes in the clearance section at your local beauty store, I highly recommend you pick them up. I love China Glaze's formula, it's one of my favorites. What's your favorite "flakie" topcoat? 

No comments:

Post a Comment