Monday, December 3, 2012

Whimsical Winter Nails

When I was deciding what to paint my nails the other day, I was inspired to have a winter theme. (Not going to lie, when I looked at my nails when I was done, I thought space, not winter) Either way, I love the way they turned out, a super easy way to change the look of a polish is by layering!


I used a dark shimmery blue, by N.Y.C. in the shade "Skin Tight Denim Creme". Over top of that, I used Revlon "Whimsical". Which is apparently a dupe of Deborah Lippmann's "Glitter in the Air". I can't speak for that, because I don't own the $18 polish, nor will I anytime soon. 
Whimsical adds a "milky" effect to the dark blue shade, which is what made me think of outer space.


This shade is very sheer, I've tried wearing it on it's own, but even with three coats you can still see some of your nail underneath. I usually pair a light blue creme shade under it to get the full effect of the color you see in the bottle. It contains different sized glitter pieces of blue, pink, white and teal. 

This is one of my favorite polishes at the moment. What are some of your favorite glitter nail polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment